Translate

Sunday, April 24, 2016

Curry Rice with Chickpeas (DF, GF)




I thought this had a REALLY good flavor - a slight heat from the curry powder.



Ingredients:
1 cup dry brown rice
1 can chickpeas beans, with liquid  
1 Tbsp curry powder
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground ginger
2 Tbsp dried cilantro flakes
1 and 3/4 cups water
--------
16-oz package of frozen broccoli, cooked

Directions:
Place all ingredients (EXCEPT broccoli) in a rice cooker and cook until done.

Combine rice with cooked broccoli.


I really like the Rival 6-Cup Rice Cooker.   It makes cooking rice SOOO easy.  I just put all the ingredients in the cooker .  So my rice dish is complete with spices and veggies when the rice is cooked.  The 6 cup isn't a big rice cooker, but it is plenty for 2 people.  


O Lord, rescue me from evil people.  Protect me from those who are violent,
Psalm 140:1 (NLT)

No comments :

Post a Comment

THANKS for visiting Pink-Vegan Blog and leaving a comment !!!! Your comments are appreciated !!!!