Translate

Sunday, March 22, 2015

Cinnamon Coffee Peanut Butter Mousse - Bean Based (GF)




Comments from taste testers:  This is REALLY good.  I LOVE the bean-based mousses.  Nice texture.  Nice amount of cinnamon.

This is a GREAT way to eat more chia seeds, which are high in fiber, Omega-3 fatty acids, calcium, manganese, phosphorus, and protein.

I actually make the mousse and then leave it in the freezer for about a week before I take it out to eat it.  I think it has a better flavor - this gives it time for all the flavors to "blend together".

This is REALLY thick and is not as sweet as most of my other mousse.  But one of my taste testers absolutely LOVED it !!



Ingredients:
1 can white beans, drained and rinsed (I use Cannellini)
4 Tbsp almond milk   
1/8 tsp salt
1/3 cup natural peanut butter    
2 tsp ground cinnamon 
1/4 cup instant coffee granules
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup molasses
--------
1 Tbsp Chia Seeds (I use Bob's Red Mill)  

Directions:
Place all ingredients (EXCEPT chia seeds) in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.

Then add the chia seeds and pulse just until the chia seeds are slightly ground into smaller pieces.

Place into a glass jar with tight fitting lid.


Then refrigerate for a few hours or overnight..


My favorite food processor is the  KitchenAid  7-Cup Food Processor

For blenders, I use both the  Vitamix Blender and Ninja Master Prep Professional Blender



Estimated Nutritional Value per serving based on 4 servings:  Calories 239,  Total Fat 11.7g, Cholesterol 0mg,  Sodium 474mg, Carbs 23.4g, Fiber 6g, Sugars 3.9g, Protein 11.8g



Praise the Lord, the God of Israel.  He always was and always will be.  Let all the people say, "Amen!"

Psalm 106:48 (NCV)

No comments :

Post a Comment

THANKS for visiting Pink-Vegan Blog and leaving a comment !!!! Your comments are appreciated !!!!