Translate

Friday, March 20, 2015

"Caramel" Mousse (GF) - Bean Based




Oh my gosh, this is SOOOOOO good.  I LOVE the molasses flavor !!!

Comments from taste testers:  Smooth texture.  Nice creamy flavor.  Right amount of sweetness.  Mild peanut butter flavor.  

This is a GREAT way to eat more chia seeds, which are high in fiber, Omega-3 fatty acids, calcium, manganese, phosphorus, and protein.

I actually make the mousse and then leave it in the freezer for about a week before I take it out to eat it.  I think it has a better flavor - this gives it time for all the flavors to "blend together".


Ingredients:
1 can white beans, drained and rinsed (I use Cannellini)
6 Tbsp almond milk   
1/8 tsp salt
1/4 cup natural peanut butter    
2 tsp ground cinnamon 
2 tsp vanilla extract
6 large dates 
1/4 cup molasses   
--------
1 Tbsp Chia Seeds (I use Bob's Red Mill)  

Directions:
Place all ingredients (EXCEPT chia seeds) in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.

Then add the chia seeds and pulse just until the chia seeds are slightly ground into smaller pieces.

Place into a glass jar with tight fitting lid.


Then refrigerate for a few hours or overnight..



My favorite food processor is the  KitchenAid  7-Cup Food Processor


For blenders, I use both the  Vitamix Blender and Ninja Master Prep Professional Blender

Estimated Nutritional Value per serving based on 4 servings:  Calories 328,  Total Fat 14.3g, Cholesterol 0mg,  Sodium 190mg, Carbs 43.5g, Fiber 6.9g, Sugars 21.8g, Protein 9.6g



There is joy for those who deal justly with others and always do what is right.

Psalm 106:3 (NLT)

No comments :

Post a Comment

THANKS for visiting Pink-Vegan Blog and leaving a comment !!!! Your comments are appreciated !!!!