Translate

Sunday, November 23, 2014

Coffee Banana Mousse (GF)




I wanted to modify this recipe to come up with a version made with bananas instead of tofu.  This is the result !!!  I'm not sure which I like better since I made the tofu version awhile ago !!!!

I found a down-side to making all this mousse -  I eat too much !!!  I can't stop eating it once I start !!!! 

I actually make the mousse and then leave it in the freezer for about a week before I take it out to eat it.  I think it has a better flavor - this gives it time for all the flavors to "blend together".

This was made with 1/2 cup of peanut butter:






Ingredients:
3 medium really ripe bananas, sliced
1/8 tsp salt
1/4 to 1/2 cup natural peanut butter (depending on desired thickness) 
2 tsp Coffee Extract  (I use OliveNation)
2 Tbsp instant coffee
2 oz vegan chocolate bar, broke into pieces (optional)

Directions:
Put everything in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.  

Pour into a glass jar with a lid or container with a lid.  Put in freezer to firm.  Store in fridge.



My favorite food processor is the  KitchenAid  7-Cup Food Processor

For blenders, I use both the  Vitamix Blender and Ninja Master Prep Professional Blender


Estimated Nutritional Value per serving based on 4 servings:  Calories 205,  Total Fat 10.8g, Cholesterol 0mg,  Sodium 78mg, Carbs 24.4g, Fiber 3.9g, Sugars 12.5g, Protein 6.3g



I will give them a long, full life, and they will see how I can save.

Psalm 91:16 (NCV)

No comments :

Post a Comment

THANKS for visiting Pink-Vegan Blog and leaving a comment !!!! Your comments are appreciated !!!!