Translate

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Sweet Potato Spinach Tofu Scramble (DF, GF)





I think these are MUCH better if the package of tofu is frozen first.  Just make sure to take it out of the freezer in advance so it will be thawed when you are ready to make these.

I combined my 2 favorite scramble recipes: my spinach scramble and my sweet potato scramble .


The sweet potato adds a nice flavor to the tofu scramble.




Ingredients:
1 cup chopped veggies of your choice (I use bell peppers and onion)
1-10 oz package of frozen spinach, thawed and drained
1 cup chopped sweet potato 
--------
1 pkg firm or extra firm tofu (water packed), drained and squeezed dry
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 tsp dried mustard powder
2 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast Flakes (optional)
--------
1/4 cup coconut bacon (optional)


Directions:
Drain the package of tofu and squeeze to get out as much water as possible.  


Cook the sweet potato in the microwave for a couple minutes to soften.  Then cut the sweet potato into chunks and add to pan.


I actually cook the veggies in the pan with a little water to soften them and slightly caramelize them - before adding the tofu .


Then crumble the tofu and add to the veggies in the pan.  Add all spices.


Add the coconut bacon when the scramble is almost done.

Cook over medium-low heat until they are the consistency you like.  I happen to like mine on the drier side (because I usually put ketchup on them !!!).  




In all the work you are doing, work the best you can.  Work as if you were doing it for the Lord, not for people.
Colossians 3:23 (NCV)






No comments :

Post a Comment

THANKS for visiting Pink-Vegan Blog and leaving a comment !!!! Your comments are appreciated !!!!