Translate

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Red Quinoa Pinto Bean Corn Salad (DF, GF)





I LOVE salads to take for lunch !!

I modified my Black Bean and Quinoa Salad recipe to come up with this.





Ingredients:
2 cups cooked Quinoa  (I used Bob's Red Mill Red Quinoa )
1 can corn (no sugar), drained 
1 can pinto beans, drained and rinsed (or 1 and 1/2 cups cooked beans)
1 can diced tomatoes (no sugar)  (I used chili style diced tomatoes)
2 Tbsp brown rice vinegar
1 tsp minced jar garlic
2 Tbsp dried cilantro flakes
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground oregano


Directions:
Mix everything together in a bowl - serve immediately or after it has been in the fridge.  I thought it tasted better after it had been refrigerated first.


Estimated Nutritional Value per serving based on 8 servings:  Calories 138, Total Fat 1.3g, Cholesterol 0mg,  Sodium 582mg, Carbs 27g, Fiber 5.1g, Sugars 5g, Protein 5.4g





You destroy all liars and despise violent, deceitful people.
Psalm 5:6 (GNT)




No comments :

Post a Comment

THANKS for visiting Pink-Vegan Blog and leaving a comment !!!! Your comments are appreciated !!!!