Translate

Friday, January 24, 2014

Sweet Potato Chickpea Veggie Soup (DF, GF)




This is Day 20 of my Daniel Fast.

I modified a recipe from a newspaper to come up with this recipe.  This is SOOOO good !!  It has a little spicy flavor from the cayenne pepper, but a little sweet flavor from the allspice.


I think next time I will use 2 cans of chickpeas.  I personally would like more beans in there !!!!!





Ingredients:
1 onion, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
2 to 3 carrots, sliced (I used a can of carrots with the liquid)
1 Tbsp minced jar garlic
2 sweet potatoes, chopped (I microwaved them some first so they were easier to chop)
1/4 tsp ground allspice
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp thyme
4 cups water or veggie broth
1 can tomatoes (I used the liquid) 
1 10-oz package frozen spinach
1 can chick peas/garbanzo beans (I used the liquid)
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder


Directions:
Put everything in a crockpot and cook on low for 10-12 hours.


Estimated Nutritional Value per serving based on 10 servings:  Calories 103, Total Fat .7g, Cholesterol 0mg,  Sodium 292mg, Carbs 20.4g, Fiber 5.8g, Sugars 4.4g, Protein 4.7g



Part of the Daniel Fast is praising God.....SO......

Praise God for he is:
shepherd, Savior, sacred, sincere, special, shield, salvation, strength, sovereign, strong, sustainer, spirit



The Lord looks deep inside people and searches through their thoughts.
Proverbs 20:27 (NCV)




No comments :

Post a Comment

THANKS for visiting Pink-Vegan Blog and leaving a comment !!!! Your comments are appreciated !!!!