Translate

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Black Bean Quinoa Veggie Burgers (DF, GF)




I thought these were REALLY good... I liked the flavor.  Mine were a little spicy due to the salsa I used.








Ingredients:
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup  Quinoa Flakes
1 onion, chopped
2 tsp minced jar garlic
1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
1/2 to 3/4 cup chopped celery
1/2 tsp ground oregano
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 Tbsp dried parsley
1 Tbsp dried cilantro
1/4 cup sesame seeds
2 Tbsp  Bragg Liquid Aminos
1/2 cup salsa (no sugar)


Directions:
In a bowl, mash the black beans to desired texture.   Mix in all the rest of the ingredients.

Form into patties and cook.  I cook them on my   Cuisinart 5-in-1 Griddler for about 15 minutes.  If you want to bake them in the oven, bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes.


Estimated Nutritional Value per burger based on 8 burgers:  Calories  121, Total Fat  3.2g, Cholesterol  0mg,  Sodium 353mg, Carbs 45.4g, Fiber 5g, Sugars 2.4g, Protein 5.6g



Bring us back, Almighty God!  Show us your mercy, and we will be saved!
Psalm 80:7 (GNT)



2 comments :

  1. I love using quinoa flakes. So good to use as a filler and so practical

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKS Sandy. Yeah....this was the first time I used the quinoa flakes in the veggie burgers and I liked it!!!!!!! THANKS for your comment !!!!!

      Delete

THANKS for visiting Pink-Vegan Blog and leaving a comment !!!! Your comments are appreciated !!!!