Translate

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Refried Bean Casserole / Lasagna (DF)









I came up with this recipe one night when I was in the mood for refried beans and I had some lasagna noodles I wanted to use !!!  This turned out REALLY good... I made a lasagna out of it.... But it probably would be really good layering it with tortilla shells.  This is on the spicy side !!!

This recipe was featured on AllFreeCasseroleRecipes.com  You can see the feature post here.  


Ingredients:

1 box lasagna noodles (I used rice lasagna noodles)
==========
2 cans refried beans (I used Casa Mamita - no sugar)
1 can corn with liquid
1 small chopped onion
1 small chopped green pepper
1 cup salsa (no sugar)
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cumin powder

Directions:

Combine all ingredients (except for lasagna noodles) in a bowl and mix until well combined. 

Pour into an 8x8 pan, layering noodles and bean mixture, and bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes.  

This makes a really thick lasagna.  If you want a thinner lasagna - use a regular lasagna pan instead.

You can layer the bean mixture with lasagna noodles or tortilla shells if desired - and then bake.  I layered the refried bean mixture with lasagna noodles and thought it was REALLY good. 

Makes a GREAT filling for a tortilla or taco. 


Be happy and glad, for a great reward is kept for you in heaven.....
Matthew 5:12 (GNT)

No comments :

Post a Comment

THANKS for visiting Pink-Vegan Blog and leaving a comment !!!! Your comments are appreciated !!!!